Reliance Jio has launched its 5G network in over 100 Indian cities, including Maharashtra, Andhra Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Bihar, and Jharkhand.
Reliance Jio is on target to accomplish its aim of delivering a 5G network across India’s major cities by 2023. The telco already has a standalone 5G network in more than 100 cities and is expanding into new urban areas every day. Recently, the telco expanded its 5G coverage to cities in Chhattisgarh, Bihar, and Jharkhand.
A brief on Jio 5G is now accessible in over 100 Indian cities, see if yours is included
Dubbed Jio True 5G the network connectivity is now live in Chhattisgarh (Raipur, Durg, Bhilai), Bihar (Patna, Muzaffarpur), Jharkhand (Ranchi, Jamshedpur), Karnataka (Bijapur, Udupi, Kalaburagi, Bellary), Odisha (Rourkela, Brahmapur), Kerala (Kollam), Andhra Pradesh (Eluru) and Maharashtra (Amravati) and more cities. “Technology is an excellent unifier. Jio is proud to launch its Jio True 5G services in the three states of Chhattisgarh, Bihar, and Jharkhand, as well as expand its reach in the five states of Karnataka, Odisha, Kerala, Andhra Pradesh, and Maharashtra, at such an auspicious time marked by festivities such as Makar Sankranti, Lohri, Pongal, and Bihu “Jio’s spokesperson stated.
Significantly, Mukesh Ambani’s telecom service started its 5G services in October 2022 and plans to support the growth of the e-governance, education, automation, AI, gaming, healthcare, agriculture, IT, and SMEs sectors throughout Indian states.
Here is a list of all cities where Jio 5G is currently available.
- Delhi, Mumbai, Varanasi, and Kolkata on October 4, 2022
- Chennai, October 22, 2022: Nathdwara
- 10 November 2022: Bengaluru and Hyderabad
- Gurugram, Noida, Ghaziabad, and Faridabad on November 11, 2022
- Pune, November 23, 2022
- November 25, 2022: 33-districts of Gujarat
- 14 December 2022: Ujjain temples
- Kochi, Guruvayur temple, 2022.
- Tirumala, Vijayawada, Vishakhapatnam, Guntur, December 26, 2022
- Lucknow, Trivandrum, Mysuru, Nashik, Aurangabad, Chandigarh, Mohali, Panchkula, Zirakpur, Kharar, and Derabassi on December 28, 2022
- 29 December 2022: Bhopal, Indore
- Bhubaneshwar, Cuttack, January 5, 2023
- Jabalpur, Gwalior, Ludhiana, and Siliguri on January 6, 2023
- Jaipur, Jodhpur, and Udaipur on January 7, 2023
- Agra, Kanpur, Meerut, Prayagraj, Tirupati, Nellore, Kozhikode, Thrissur, Nagpur, and Ahmednagar on January 7, 2023.
- Raipur, Durg, Bhilai, Patna, Muzaffarpur, Ranchi, Jamshedpur, Udupi, Kalaburagi, Bellary, Rourkela, Brahmapur, Kollam, Eluru, and Amravati on January 15, 2023.
With the latest releases, Jio has promised that it will be the first and only operator in India to launch 5G across the majority of cities. However, it should be emphasized that Jio 5G is still in the experimental phase, and not all users in 5G cities will have direct access to the network. When the network is ready in their location, Jio will send a Welcome invitation.
What exactly is the Jio Welcome Offer?
Users who have a 5 G-equipped phone and have downloaded the latest system update to Support have a better chance of receiving the Jio 5G Welcome offer. Jio consumers will be able to consume limitless 5G internet at no extra cost as part of the offer.
However, in order to access 5G, Jio customers must have a current mobile recharge plan (prepaid or postpaid) for Rs 239 or more.
Jio’s 5G plan has been launched.
While Jio has not released a dedicated 5G package, the company has published a unique data add-on plan for consumers who do not have a Rs 239 or above the pack.
The mentioned data add-on pack, priced at Rs 61, will provide 6GB of data with validity confined to the existing plan. Users can use this pack to recharge in order to gain access to the 5G network.
How to Setup Jio 5G on Your Smartphone
Following receipt of the Jio Welcome offer, you must adjust the settings on your phone in order to connect to the new network. To do so, navigate to the Settings menu, then to Network Settings, and finally to 5G.